Friday, February 15, 2013

How many Demons do you need to change a lightbulb?


Iepa iei, I'm working really hard on scenarios and these are the results. Take a look, these are not final gameplay images, the lighting is still to be done.

A few months ago I started a poll in our website (www.catequesis.eu), the question was:
"Which creature do you find the scariest ?"
  • Vampires
  • Aliens
  • Demons
  • Zombies
  • Ghosts
First of all, I have to say that I forgot put an essential scary creature.

Chico: Yes! Where is the Chupacabras?!

Well, a lot of them like "Werewolves", "Witches" or "Chupacabras", but one in particular important, "Robots". Anyway I was curious about the results and and here they are:

TOTAL VOTES: 108
  1. Demons - 38 (35%)
  2. Ghosts - 31 (28%)
  3. Zombies - 23 (21%)
  4. Aliens - 11 (10%)
  5. Vampires - 5 (4%)


I have to say I understand the low fear about Vampires. Right now you can only think about a young guy with a casual pose and the highest toupee in the history. And you can dialogue with a Vampire, so, nothing is really creepy when you can convince him to not kill you. 
I don't really understand the 3rd place for zombies. I mean, ok, a zombie/infected is really dangerous, ugly and with bad breath... but to be in the third place? a Zombie is like a dangerous animal that want to eat you. Ok, it is scary, but you are smarter ( and sometimes faster), you can defend yourself.
Aliens are scarier for me, really more than Zombies, and more than Ghosts too. You know, a Ghost is a soul, they can give you a  fright, but usually it is difficult for a ghost to kill you. They only want someone that listen to their story...  but as Ghosts & Demons are linked with the religion, this is really interesting. 

Chico: Ok, I understand your points, so for you, which is the scary one? 

Demons, totally and without a doubt. A Demon is the worst possible nightmare. Not only can he kill you, he can play with you, he can trick you to think you are safe, he can transform himself in the scary monster ever only for your eyes, he can... I mean, it is like a mini evil god! He can do whatever he pleases, you can't escape nor survive, so is the scariest one for me.

Chico: And which one will be in the game?

A mix, dear Chico.





No comments:

Post a Comment